Wednesday, April 26, 2017

It's a New World, Golda!

     A friend of mine comes out with this quote from "Fiddler on the Roof" whenever we contemplate major changes, things that "were never done this way before."
     I created this website/blog almost years ago, then promptly neglected it.     What happened?
     Life! Family needs and responsibilities. A husband who surprised us all by retiring. And tackled the surgeries he had been putting off: two knee replacements and a shoulder repair. Then it was my turn, as I suffered with on-going sinus issues which put me on the sick list for a year and a half. I was all I could do to get the weekly column turned in.
     But all that has changed. The paper has cut me back to one column a month. I find myself with more to say and nowhere to say it...except right here! Time to blow the dust off this blog and get it moving.
    My intention is to publish here at least twice a month--both the column and another, more free-wheeling piece that will read more like a journal page. But always, always speaking of the way my faith impacts my daily life.
    We live in "interesting times," as the Chinese put it. In my lifetime, I have watched the birth of an entirely new method of communication, one which has changed the world as much as the printing press did in the 15th century. Though I've been using a computer since the first yellow-screen Wordstar of the early 80's, I'm not as nearly as comfortable as my always-on grandchildren. However...
     It is, indeed, a new world, and I must live in it!

No comments: